Tuesday 10 May 2011

Richard Holloway - Radical Faith in a changed world

It was in the early part of 2010 that I was sharing a few thoughts with an Anglican priest when I was asked if I had read anything by Richard Holloway.  I hadn't.  Later I found this entry on Google:
Richard Holloway - Radical Faith - exploring faith in a changed world
It referred to lectures entitled, "Religion on the Level" and "The Myths of Christianity".

As a former Anglican who had walked away in the 1960's because of what I had seen as a lack of radical Christianity, I could relate to so much of what I subsequently found.
Richard Holloway became Bishop of Edinburgh in 1986 and Primus of the Scottish Episcopalian Church in 1992 and 'retired' in 2000 after being disillusioned by the Lambeth Conference in 1998.
I made some extensive notes for my own benefit - my own thoughts mingled with significant extracts from what I was reading.
Richard's material can be found here.  We don't have to agree with all he is suggesting, but for me there is plenty of 'food for thought'! 

No comments:

Post a Comment